Thursday, May 16, 2013

Swimming for a Testimony

 Eva just finished up a two-week swimming course at Aquatots with her buddy Lily.  It was incredible what they learned in two weeks.  They learned how to swim on their own underwater, dive to the bottom to get a ring, jump into the pool and swim to the edge, swim on front then turn over and float on their backs.  It was amazing to watch their swimming teacher with these little girls.  But it wasn't by any means painless.  The second and third class Eva cried because she didn't want to do something.  But the tears didn't get her out of it, (and got her dunked a few times).  By the fourth class Eva did not want to go.  She whined about it all day.  I could see the anxiety really building up but if we didn't get through it who knows when she would ever get back in the pool.  I'll let you read below what became her first ever Primary talk. 


 "I have courage because Heavenly Father helped me.  This week I had a swimming lesson and I was really scared because I had to dive to the bottom of the pool and get the toy.  I was scared because I don't like diving or going underwater.  So my mom said a prayer to help me be brave.  During the lesson Heavenly Father gave me the courage to dive underwater and swim.  And it was really fun!  I know that Heavenly Father listens to my prayers."





 As I watched the class I just prayed that it would go well for a number of reasons.  One was for her swimming, the other was for her little testimony of prayer.  When the class was over Eva had the biggest smile on her face.  She said, "Mommy it worked!!  The prayer worked and helped me be brave!!"   She was ecstatic the rest of the day and shared the story with whomever would listen for the next week.  I'm so thankful for the opportunity Eva had to stretch herself and to have a spiritual experience that she can remember.  And of course I'm thankful to Heavenly Father for answering that prayer!

3 comments:

Joan Morris said...

Good job Eva! What a sweet experience, He is definitely in the details of our lives ;)

Kira said...

HOW BEAUTIFUL!

Tom said...

Hooray for Eva! Now she can go white water rafting with us. Ok, maybe not just yet.