Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Thanksgiving in Myrtle Beach

This year we rented a condo with my sister Teresa and family (Cameron and twins) and Devin's sister Sara and fam (Jon, Lucy and Zachy) and my little sis Katie, who flew all the way out from Utah. It was a blast. Myrtle Beach is about 5 hours away on the northern coast of South Carolina. We'd been there 4 years ago with Devin's family so we knew the area well. It was fun to hit up all our favorite hot spots. And you can't beat the company! I loved hanging out in the condo surrounded by family, something that doesn't happen very often for me these days!





For Thanksgiving we got Cracker Barrel take-out. It was a genius idea and saved us the 2-hr wait. We just had to drive around back and pick up two boxes of food. And the box came in handy as an eating pen for Sophie.

The condo was right on the beach so we had plenty of time to play around. We also had a pool, lazy river and hot tub that kept the kiddos occupied.






We went Black Friday shopping at the outlet mall and it was insane. I spent way too much money and may have bought myself a new Coach purse. But I'll have to wait until Christmas to find out for sure.


This is Eva's best "princess face".



Ok, that's better.


Sophie was in her element roaming the beach and exploring every nook, cranny and dead jelly fish.


Myrtle Beach is famous for elaborate mini golf. They even host the mini-golf PGA tour. This year's choice didn't disappoint!




Picking up some pulled pork from the restaurant that first introduced me to the blessed sandwich. And this pic is the only pic I have of Sophie in her cute Clemson cheer leading outfit.

5 comments:

Hksedwick said...

EATING PEN!!!!! HAHA...I just love you.

Team O'Connor said...

How fun! I like the Clemson shirts in the last pic. Is Thanksgiving dinner going to die with our generation. I can't imagine ever cooking a turkey when you can pay someone to do it for you. Haha. Great idea for a worry free vacation.

Furniss Family said...

Looks like a fun time in NC. I love this pictures on the beach, especially the one of Eva, lol. She's so funny and cute! Hope you have a great Christmas!

Tom said...

I would be lying (and I can't do that as much now) if I said it doesn't hurt my shallow, shriveled up little heart to see the kids getting bigger every time I see pictures. And here I am stuck working and paying taxes in Idaho. Sooner than you know, that Sophie will be climbing right out of her eating pen!

eric + ashlee said...

We're trying to talk Eric's parents into doing that. Maybe I'll send them a link to this post. It made me want to go there even more! You'll have to tell us where we should eat too. Your pictures of your girls on the beach are so cute. Looks like they had a lot of fun!