It's one of the things I love about living here. There is never a shortage of outlets for my social energy and when Thursday nights roll around, I'm usually ready for some good quality girl time. Every so often Scraps has a theme, a purpose higher than talking each other's ears off. Last week was the annual White Elephant Scraps.
I put a lot of pressure on myself to have a funny White Elephant gift. When I was young, my parents would always throw big New Year's White Elephant parties. They would plan out for the entire year the gifts they would give-always on the look-out for the perfect gift. This party kind of snuck up on me and I wasn't prepared. The only thing I had was a gift so good that I wasn't quite prepared to part with. I'm saving it for the mother of all White Elephant parties, the Palmer Christmas Cousin party that I will someday attend in Calgary, Alberta. So for this one party, with two days to go, I ran over to Goodwill where you can always find something decent.
So here's what we ended up with. A pair of LLBean mom jeans (you have to watch the link to think it's funny) and granny panties (which are always funny in a pinch, especially if they are from a thrift store).

Jenna and Katie. The lucky winners.
This would be me as a mom in the 90's. Being a teenager in the 90's was bad enough.

Jackie and her hommie snowman cookie jar. That joy was soon wiped right off her face when I snatched up the prize and went home with him.
All the girls and our loot. It just isn't the holidays without a good White Elephant party.
5 comments:
And I thought I would pee my pants after reading your santa post...nope. This post definitely wins the halarious post prize. Thrift store grandma panties...shouldn't it be against all sanitation laws to sale used grandma panties?! I love the glee you have in the group photo holding your Snowman. I need to start up Thursday scraps just so I can have a W.E. party next year!
You are hilarious! Great white elephant gift ideas. I wonder how those grandma panties would go over at the Book Club Christmas party? I'm thinking all of us wear those mom jeans so no one would think they were funny ;)
WOW! I always wondered what you women did at those scrapping parties. I was better off not knowing.
Pretty sure I thought the jean picture of you came from a high school scrapbook.....
Sarah you almost pulled off those pants!
Post a Comment