Monday, September 24, 2007

Caffeine Buzz Numero Dos

Anyone who visited the Palmers between 1997 and 2000 will remember the obligatory journey to the Coke Bottle. For $1 and enough gas to get to the strip, you could enjoy an evening of Coke history and all the coke you could drink. The highlight: tasting about 50 different Coke drinks from around the world. And who can forget the Beverly, an Italian treat that tasted like cough syrup and turpentine mixed together. We all mourned the loss of the Coke Bottle when Vegas made the transition from "fun for the whole family" to "what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas". You can imagine my joy when I discovered this: http://www.worldofcoca-cola.com/. Now for $15 (plus $10 for parking) and enough gas to get me to Atlanta, I can enjoy a day in the mother of all Coke Bottles. Memorabilia, Coke art, history, cool new videos, cool old commercials, a motion ride, all-you-can-drink Coke products and yes, the Beverly. What more can I ask for out of a Saturday?

4 comments:

Teresa said...

I have the perfect Christmas gift idea for anyone that wants to buy you two something very special...Coke World Annual Passes! Only $30 a person! Can't wait to come and visit you guys. I am always looking for ways to drink coke guilt free!

Tiffany said...

Ha ha! I remember taking one of those fateful trips to the Coke bottle with the Palmer's. Good times! And don't forget the trips to the Ocean Spray factory for some "cranapple-juice-drink"!

sara cardon said...

Can we go there when I come this spring??:) Lucy LOVES caffeine. Just kidding.

The Meyers said...

That sounds like my kind of place!! Now I want to go.