Thursday, January 16, 2014

Christmas 2013

 Christmas Eve.  We started out by visiting the Virginia Home with our friends the Streadbecks.  The Virgina Home is a home for severely disabled adults.  The kids were a little frightened at first but gradually relaxed as we started interacting with the residents.  They were so happy to have all these cute little girls come visit them, sing to them and hand out little ornaments they had made.  It was a great way for our girls to give a little service before all the presents Christmas Day. 

 We had a fun candlelight French Bistro dinner.  Opened a present and acted out the nativity.  Eva and Sophie were both Mary.  Of course. 


 The girls woke up at the crack of dawn.  They sent Devin down to make sure Santa wasn't still there.  Eva asked Devin if Santa had left her a stocking.  He said "yes" and Eva exclaimed, "YESSSSS!!! I made the nice list!!!"  She really took seriously all our threats about being put on the naughty list.  





 Santa left Sohie and Eva a little note.  He thanked them for the cookies and carrots and ended it with "I'll be watching..."  Creepy Santa!!

 Christmas dinner of Raclette.  Traditional Swiss meal I had with a family in Switzerland.  It's a bunch of yummy melted cheeses and European meats on potatoes and veggies.  Yum!
 Devin's parents and Uncle Taylor arrived just in time.  Yay!
 The next day the rest of Devin's family came.  Let the fun and photo-bombs begin!!

















4 comments:

Joan Morris said...

You got some great pictures. I love the looks on your girls faces on Christmas morning. We had so much fun. Thank you so much for hosting the Trashers! We love you all!!

Andrea Cutler said...

What a fun Christmas! Your "littles" are so adorable. And the picture of all of you at the top of the page is fantastic! Good work Devin, your wife is gorgeous and your children are lovely. :)

Andrea Cutler said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Team O'Connor said...

Those are the best Christmas faces ever! Such great pictures Sarah! I'm also so glad that Eva made the nice list. Hahahahahhahaha! I love her.