Sunday, June 16, 2013

May 2013

 This year I had a super fun birthday.  Devin had a business trip in Charlotte so I joined him.  My sister in law Sara lives on the way and offered to watch my kiddos.  Having an entire day to myself was heavenly.  I slept in, work out, swam in the pool at the hotel, did lots of shopping, tried on clothes for as long as I wanted without having to worry about a child escaping under the changing room door and my not being able to chase after them because I'm only half-dressed.  It was great. 


 We ate a Cowfish, a cool burger/sushi fusion restaurant.  Then they brought out this amazing dessert, free of charge.  mmmmm.....



 Devin spotted this girl, Sarah, at the restaurant.  She is from a show called "Ready for Love" that got cancelled after 3 shows.  But we still watch it online.  Yep, total nerds.  I don't know what's funnier, the fact that Devin recognized a girl from a dating show or that he convinced me to go talk to her.  Either way, I'm sure this is about the closest I'll ever get to someone famous so I took the opportunity. 

 The kids had a great time playing with their cousins and I got to take pictures of baby Leah, who is so super cute and smiley. 




 Later that week I went out with my friends to celebrate mine and Kim's birthday.  I've always wanted to try brunch at Millie's and it was awesome.  I love these girls.  I seriously have the best friends.  (Jenny, Leslie, Emily, me, Ashlee, Kim, Jeanene and Jen.)



And this was the moment I realized I take too many pictures for people.  Bed head and iPad.  I'm ignoring my kids too much.  So I'm going to try not to do family picture jobs in the future and just stick to a few newborn and kid shoots that come my way.  It's just getting to be too much for this stage of my life.  

 My kids love hanging out on the front step.  The watch the dogs walk by, play with the kids, watch the sunset, it's really nice. 



 Sophie is a funny one.  This one particular morning she asked me to make her an Asian cabbage salad for breakfast. 

 Here's a cute picture from Amelia's birthday party.  I'm amazed Joy got all the kids to cooperate!  Such a cute picture.  Eva loves swimming in the pool now and could stay all day, every day. 

4 comments:

Joan Morris said...

I'm so glad you had a great birthday! Looks like a fun summer so far!

Jessica said...

sounds like the perfect birthday! and the bedhead and ipad pic cracked me up; I've definitely been there before! :)

Furniss Family said...

That looks and sounds like a pretty great birthday to me :) So glad you had such a great birthday! Hope all is well and hope to see you in Boise still!

Team O'Connor said...

Happy Birthday! That dessert looks amazing! It sounds like the perfect day :) The strawberries look good too!