“There are two ways of seeing: with the body and with the soul. The body's sight can sometimes forget, but the soul remembers forever.” - Alexandre Dumas
Nice, very nice. That play on words never gets old. The French Riviera was absolutely beautiful. We spent two days between Nice and Monaco in Europe's most popular beach destination. Truth be told I was a little relieved to be there before the (no)bikini season. That would have been very awkward and yet intriguing at the same time...
Don't forget your Crocs... and maybe a mattress.
These are our travel buddies, the O'Connors. They are stationed in Germany right now and were kind enough to drive their Prius all the way down to Italy to meet up with us for a fun trip through the Riv. It was so fun to have buddies for a few days... as evidenced by this amazing group pic! Miss you guys! Arrivederci (in a Brad Pitt accent).
Devin was very happy I wore my French mariniere (sailor) shirt that day. I let him think it was deliberate. Kind of like when I accidentally put on my Clemson shirt on days when there happens to be a game that I don't know about.
Macaroons are all the rage right now so naturally we had to try them out. I'd still take a well-made brownie over a macaroon any day and save myself a handful of euros in the process.
Day two was a little rainy but we were fortunate enough to snag this free umbrella from the hostel. Isn't it cute? He isn't so bad either :) Going to the flower market that morning was like wandering through the pages of a Martha Stewart magazine.
There were tables, and tables, and tables of hand-made soap. But I had my bag full of free hotel soap so I couldn't bring any home.
I'm not quite sure what these little gems are...
Why don't we label everything with cute little chalkboards?!? So pretty.
Ahhhhhh.... Real. French. Bread. ...drool... slurp... That's heaven in a basket right there.
Red umbrella! After the most crowded and picturesque 45 min bus ride of my life we arrived in Monaco, the home of the famed Monte Carlo Casino.
There's a giant Formula 1 race track that runs through the tiny country. (Think Iron Man II.)
Who says Nice guys finish last?
7 comments:
Your pictures are beautiful and your blog has such a modern, artsy feel. I can't believe you didn't buy French soap. I would go to France just FOR the soap. Oh well, you can get it on Amazon.
Your pictures are sooo good. I am going to enlarge some of them. Your trip sounds so wonderful. I am so happy you had a great time.
My brother went on his mission in Nice and Monaco area and loved it there. Besides the hairy nudies everywhere, lol!! That looks like it was an amazing trip that you will never forget. How fun to do it with just you and Dev.
Nice Nice post. You're right, it never gets old. Thanks for sharing for all of us armchair vicarious travelers. Is there more coming (please)?
I still can't get over how beautiful the pics of you and your honey are! I want those ;-)
We LOVED that we got to travel around with you guys! I only wish it could've lasted longer. When we get back to the States we are going to focus on South America so get ready for that :)
I'm starving after reading this post and all we have as far as treats go are A&E's potty treats! LOVE the pic at the end, absolutely love it!
Post a Comment