Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Palmer Gal Reunion

Thanks to guest-author Teresa for helping me update my blog!

Four fabulous days for a Palmergal reunion. I headed home to Vegas to see my sistas, parents, cute neice and nephew, and puppy dogs (Pouchie and Lexi). Our highlight was the "Palmergal Night Out"...included shopping, trip to cheesecake factory (The Godiva Cheesecake is AMAZING!), overnight slumberparty at the MGM grand (pedicures & dance-off), and swimming in their great lazy river. Katie finally got a birthday party for turning 19.5 years (half-birthdays count!)...note to self: don't have babies 2 days after Christmas!





Other great times included the usual ski-trip to Lake Mead for some serious skiing, tubing, and submarining.

Little Ryan seems to be picking up on some bad habits from his aunts...opps, I mean he was trying to keep his middle finger and amazing bandaid dry.

Natalie insisted on skiing with her cowboy hat...if only we knew what would happen to her before we let her go to BYU-I!


Gifts for Baby- Clemmy

Gracie, my cute niece/ Palmergal #6

Natalie and Mom sewing baby crafts.

Funniest moment of trip: Katie's look of horror when she was asked in church to offer an opening prayer...it was fine until she realized she would be praying in front of the stake president, a visiting General Authority, and Senator Harry Reid (Senate Majority leader, who also shares my home ward). Natalie turned to Katie and stated she should pray that the congregation will all vote republican. It was classic.

12 comments:

Joan Morris said...

Cute post Sarah (thanks Teresa). I love the pictures of the Palmergals. You are all beautiful. Just think, there's one more Palmergal on the way.

Shae said...

Hey Sarah! I'm glad you found me! It looks like things are going great! Congrats on the baby!! We had a girl first too and it's the best! I loved looking through your blog...so many fun palmer adventures! Keep in touch!

Emily said...

Love this idea! I gotta start doing a "Summersgals" reunion! You Palmers are sooo cool!

Shannon said...

Looks like you all had a great time. There's nothing better then a few days of pampering. :)

Teresa said...

I love reading comments on my blog entry! This is the best way to maximize commentary! Is there anyone else that needs me to guest-author?! I'm glad that I could help out. Hope your last week in Boise is great!

Nathan and Sarah said...

Oh Sarah you are always up to some fun time! I can't wait for your baby to come!

BTW: the carrier that I made is AWFULL!!!! I ended up buying the baby bjorn which I love. If you want to try the one I made, call me and I will send it to you. Some people love them! Let me know!

Sarah

Tiffany said...

Ahh the beautiful Palmergals!

Katie Palmer said...

I'm still shaking from that prayer!!! Palmergal retreat...best birthday ever!...even if it was just a halvsie.

sara cardon said...

You are all so gorgeous it makes me sick!! I didn't recognize Teresa with the new stylish haircut!! Cute!! What a GREAT reunion. Maybe you'll let me tag along next time??:)

Anonymous said...

How sweet for your family! Maybe you can invite the old aunts next time! Just joking nothing can be more fun than mom and her 'tots'.

Familia Durham said...

How did they make you get on the plane to came back to boring SC? It looks like you had such a wonderful time! Anyway, I am glad you are back! I missed you!

Jen said...

That is such a great idea. I might have to copy it. And I love the story about the prayer--truly, if only we could pray everyone would vote conservative, my life would be so headache free. :) Sassy Palmers.